Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Who's Got My Belly Button?

I have heard that after a few weeks, the belly button should fall off, but isn't it the thing covering it is what falls off? She is, after all, left with a belly button.

Whatever it is, it happened today. Colleen was changing a diaper and she's not sure if she bumped it or not, but it went rolling off of Molly and onto the changing table.

I get great tidbits from people like, "It will be so amazing when she learns to roll over." Or, "She's easy to keep track of now, wait until she learns to walk." My sister even asked me what college she will go to!

My friend Brooke gave me some great advice to not look so far down the road that I miss out on what's going on now. The future will be here soon enough. Right now I'm thrilled to see her new belly button.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so the belly button joke did not go over. I KNOW it's the umbilical cord. I guess that poorly worded first sentence was more funny in my head.

    I wonder if Kathy meant that I tell nine funny jokes out of ten. Yeah, that must be it.

    ReplyDelete